A couple weeks ago I posted about my new sampler, Romance, Crime, Good Food: The Kathleen Valentine Sampler, that I was giving away. Smashwords made it free but so far Amazon and B&N are still charging 99 cents for it. Now, I realize 99 cents isn't a princely sum but I decided to make the book free here, too. You can download it in PDF, MOBI (Kindle), or EPUB (most other e-readers) by clicking the links below:
--- PDF (good for printing out) ---
--- MOBI (for Kindle) ---
--- EPUB (for other e-readers) ---This book celebrates the sale of my 2000th copy of The Crazy Old Lady In The Attic and it offers 4 short stories, three chapters from three novels, two essays from my cookbook/memoir and eight traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipes.
You can download your free copy at Smashwords in your choice of many formats and at Goodreads in ePub. Currently it is 99 cents on Amazon -- I'll let you know when they make it free. But, seriously, the recipes alone are worth 99 cents. Inside of it you will find:
- Flynnie and Babe (romantic short story)
- Danse Avec Moi (romantic short story)
- Home-made Pie & Sausage (crime/horror short story)
- Mardi Gras Was Over (love/adventure short story)
- the chapter from The Old Mermaid's Tale in which Clair meets Pio and Gary
- the chapter from Each Angel Burns in which Maggie encounters Peter after 30 years
- the Prologue from my soon-to-be-released novel Depraved Heart
- two essays: Dandelion Salad and Tell Me a Story from Fry Bacon. Add Onions
- eight yummy, traditional family recipes from Fry Bacon. Add Onions.
Thanks for reading.